Outlook Integration with Call Center and Receptionist Console clients requires a few extra steps in order for Outlook Integration to work properly. Changes with Java along with browser updates have required BroadSoft to create a Java plug-in for Outlook Integration. Outlook Integration is only supported with Internet Explorer.
1. The Desktop Plugin Certificate is packaged with the Thin Clients, it can be downloaded via the following links:
2. Select “Install Certificate” / OK
3. Select NEXT in the wizard.
4. Select "Automatically select the certificate store" and hit Next
5. Select Finish
6. You have successfully installed the certificate
7. Next ass the URLs to the Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer's Internet Options
a. Log in to the client (Receptionist Console or Call Center)
b. Click the Settings Icon in IE
c. Choose Internet Options
d. Choose the Security Tab
e. Choose Trusted Sites
f. Click on Sites
g. Add https://ws1.bwvoip.net and then https://ws2.bwvoip.net to the Trusted list
h. Close the dialog box after both websites are listed
8. Your Receptionist Console and Call Center clients are now upgraded to include the latest Outlook Integration plug-ins.
9. If you do not use Outlook Integration, go to Settings
10. Click the Plug-ins tab "Disable All Plugins"