You can conduct business anywhere, anytime and on any device. The nCommand desktop client gives you complete access to the whole system. You can make calls, check your team’s presence, set up conference calls, share documents, manage your contacts and more.
- Go to ncommandapp.com
- Click Download for Windows and follow the installation instructions.
- The nCommand icon will appear on your desktop.
Download the Desktop Client
Go to ncommandapp.com. Click Download for Windows and follow the installation instructions.nThe nCommand icon will appear on your desktop.
- Launch nCommand.
- Type in your nCommand username and password. Note: If you do not have your username and password, contact your administrator.
- Click Sign In.
- On your first sign in, you will be asked to choose your location. Your default will be the billing office location. You can keep the default, input a manual location or choose no location.
Presence allows your contacts to see whether you are available and willing to communicate.
- The green presence icon indicates the user is online and ready for communication.
- The orange presence icon indicates the user is online, but has been idle or away from the computer for over ten minutes.
- The red presence icon indicates the user is busy and does not want to be disturbed.
- The grey presence icon indicates the user is offline and the only available contact method is to call.
- The question mark indicates a subscription is pending and the contact has not yet approved sharing their presence.
Setting Up Presence
Your presence is automatically updated when you make calls or go offline. To manually update:
- Click the presence flag in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click Availability, and the choices will appear.
Call Settings Definitions:
- Click on the menu icon in the lower right-hand corner or on the nCommand logo at the top of the window to manage various settings.
- Click on Sort Contacts to determine the order you wish to see your contacts.
- Click on Call Settings to manage the following features:
- Forward Calls: Forwarding options for always, busy, unanswered and unreachable.
- Do Not Disturb: Block all calls.
- Hide Number: Hide or display your number when calling.
- Simultaneous Ring Personal: List up to 10 phone numbers to ring in addition to your primary phone when you receive a call.
If you have the web collaboration feature on your seat, you may share your desktop from nCommand. You must first enable these features by adding your credentials. Click on the menu icon on the lower right-hand corner or on the nCommand logo in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click on Preferences.
- Click on the Credentials tab.
- Input your web collaboration user name and password.
- Click OK to save.
- Sign out of nCommand by clicking on the nCommand logo in the upper left-hand corner.
- Sign back into nCommand and features will be active.
To add contacts to your directory:
- Click on the Contacts icon.
- Type in the name of the contact in the Search window, then click on the name you wish to add.
- Click on + in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Add Contact.
- Click the + lower right-hand corner.
- Click on the Directory icon.
- Type in the name of contact in the Search window, then click on the name you wish to add.
- Click on the + in the upper right-hand corner or right click on Contact’s name.
- Click Add Contact.
- Click on the Contacts icon.
- Click on the contact you wish to chat with. (For a group chat, press and hold the Ctrl Key and select multiple contacts.)
- Click on the Chat icon in the lower left-hand corner.
Make a Call
- Click on the Dial Pad icon.
- Dial the number by clicking on the numbers.
- Click on the handset icon to place the call from your computer.
- Click on the phone icon to place a call from your desktop phone. After you click, your desktop phone will begin to ring. Pick up the desktop phone handset or press speaker to hear your call.
- Click on the Contacts icon.Click on Contact to call.
- Click on the handset icon at the bottom of the window to place the call.
Transfer a Call
After the first call is connected:
- Click the Menu icon in the lower right-hand corner of the calling window.
- Click on Transfer Call.
- Type in the name of the contact to add to call.
- To transfer automatically, click Transfer Now.
- To announce the transfer, click Attended Audio, then click Transfer.
Answer a Call
When a contact calls you, a pop-up notification will appear on your screen.
- Click the green handset icon to accept the call.
- Click the red icon to not answer and close the call box.
- Click the blue icon to not answer but chat.
Share Your Desktop or a File
If you have the VIPresent Now web collaboration tool on your seat, you may share your desktop screen or files. To share a file:
- While on a chat, click on the Send File icon next to the Emoticon icon.
- Click on the file you wish to share.
- Click Send.
To share your desktop:
- Click on the Share Desktop icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- After the Preparing to Share message disappears, click on the Play Button.
- If your contact does not have the web collaboration feature, you may click on the Copy Desktop Share Link and paste it into the chat screen