Incoming Call Settings - Simultaneous Ring
Touch Simultaneous Ring to configure and enable or disable this feature. This feature can be used to ring multiple destination numbers at the same time when someone calls your home phone number. Touch On/Off to enable/disable this feature. You can also chose if you want the destinations to ring if you are on an active call in your landline.
- To add a new destination, tap the Add Location option. Enter a destination number. Enabling the Answer Confirmation Required box on this entry will require anyone answering that number to press a DTMF on their phone to accept the call. This will help prevent another voice mail system or other automated system from accepting the call. Press Done to add this new entry.
- Continue to add other numbers. Touch the On/Off button to enable Simultaneous ringing of the numbers. To remove a number from the list, touch that number. A dialog will pop-up allowing you to either edit that entry or delete it.
Touch Sequential Ring to configure and enable or disable this feature. This feature can be used to ring multiple destination numbers sequentially when someone calls your home phone number. The caller hears a voice prompt instructing them to please wait while you are being located. The system then calls the numbers in the order listed one at a time until someone picks up the call at one of the numbers. To add a new destination, press the Add Location option.
The Sequential Ring feature has a number of configurable options.
- The Use Base Location first option tells the service to call the home phone number first.
- The Number of rings is how many rings to allow before placing a call to the next destination in the list.
- The Continue if busy option will cause the service to send the call to the first number in the list instead of the base location first if the home line is busy, unless Call waiting is enabled.
- The Caller may Cancel option allows the caller to cancel the search and instead be transferred to your voicemail box or any Call Forward No Answer destination if configured.
To Enable/Disable the Sequential Ring feature, tap the On/Off option. To add a new location, press the add location option and enter a destination number. Select the Number of rings to use before dropping the call to this destination and continuing with the next. Checking the Answer Confirmation Required box will require the destination caller to press a DTMF digit to accept the call. This will help prevent another voice mail system or other automated system from accepting the call. Press Done to add this entry to the list.
Call Control currently contains only one option. The homeXtend Anywhere feature is automatically added and enabled when you accepted the autoconfigure option the first time you ran the client. Disabling this feature prevents features like Use Call Through Service from working among others. Touching this entry brings up a settings screen that allows you to prevent this device from being used any time the Use Call Back Service feature is used if needed. Additionally, your device details and mobile number are listed. The Enable check box is set with the autoconfigure option. Additional locations can be added manually by pressing the + in the upper right corner. However, it’s best to just download the mobile client to any additional devices, then accept the autoconfigure option instead.