Download the App
- In the App Store, search for VIPresence.
- Tap Install (it’s free).
- Launch the app.
- Type in your username and password.
- Review setup login settings: Show Password, Remember Password, Sign in Automatically
- Tap Sign In.
- Review Setup Login Settings: Show Password, Remember Password, Sign in Automatically, Tap Sign In
Review the Tabs
The tabs give you quick access to make calls, view your directories and adjust your settings.
- The Chat tab displays all your active and past chat conversations.
- The Call tab displays the dial pad. From the dial pad, you are able to call any number. A long press on “1” on the numeric pad calls out to your voicemail.
- The History tab shows all your call history. You can filter between all calls and missed calls.
- The Contacts tab displays your buddies. You can add, edit and delete buddies in the Contact view, as well as access your company directory.
Presence allows your contacts to see whether you are available and willing to communicate.
- The green presence icon indicates the user is online and ready for communication.
- The orange presence icon indicates the user is online, but has been idle or away from the computer for over ten minutes.
- The red presence icon indicates the user is busy and does not want to be disturbed.
- The grey presence icon indicates the user is offline and the only available contact method is to call.
- The question mark indicates a subscription is pending and the contact has not yet approved sharing their presence.
Control Your Call Settings
Tap the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner where you can manage the following services:.
- Dialing Service: iPhone, VoIP or Call Through
- Caller ID Blocking
- Telephone number
- Call Forwarding
- Do Not Disturb
- Simultaneous Ring
- VIPresence Anywhere
- Tap Contacts Tab.
- Tap the + in upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Add Contact.
- Type in the contact’s information and tap Done.
- An invitation to accept your request will be sent to the contact.
- When contact accepts, you’ll get a notice – tap Allow.
- Tap Contacts - VIPresence All dropdown list.
- Tap at the top of the screen.
- Type in name of contact in the Search window.
- Tap the information icon next to the contact’s name.
- Tap add contact.
Make a Call
- Tap Call Tab.
- Dial number.
- Tap the handset icon on the bottom left.
- Choose how to make the call:
- Phone: From your iPhone number
- VoIP Call: From your business line.
Pull a Call
If you are on a call on your desktop and need to leave but stay on the call, you can keep the call in progress and pull the call to your mobile device.
- Tap the Call Tab.
- Tap the handset icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Pull call.
- Choose how to make the call - VoIP or iPhone call.
- Continue conversation on your mobile device
- To pull call back to your desktop phone, dial *11 on your desktop phone and call will be pulled back.
Conference In or Transfer a Call
After the first call is connected:
- Tap More.
- Tap Add Call.
- Tap the contact you wish to add to the call or transfer the call to.
- Tap Conference to add the contact to your call.
- Tap Talk+Transfer to transfer the call announced or Transfer to transfer automatically.
To start a new chat:
- Tap Contacts Tab.
- Tap the Contact icon at the top of the screen to list all contacts available for chat.
- Tap the contact that with which you wish to chat.
- Type you message at the bottom of the screen.
To view or continue an existing chat.
- Tap Chat Tab.
- Tap the chat icon at the top of the screen to view existing conversations.
- Tap the conversation you wish to continue.
- Type your message at the bottom of the screen.