If you already have devices, they may be compatible with the your new telephony solution. Your solution currently accepts the Grandstream DP750 base station and DP720 cordless handsets. If you already have one of these devices, just follow the instructions below to incorporate it into your service.
In order to configure your devices for your new telephony solution, specific information is needed. At the time you place your order, please provide a MAC address for each Grandstream DP750 device. (The MAC address is listed on the bottom of the base station). Once we have that information, and your order is complete, we will email you activation codes for your Grandstream devices.
Installing Grandstream DP750/DP720 DECT Devices
Capture the base station’s IP Address
A DP720 handset will first need to be paired to the DP750 base station if one is not already paired. The easiest way is the following:
- Reboot the DP750 base station.
- When the base station finishes booting, it goes into subscription mode. The wireless icon (on the far right of the LED panel) will begin blinking.
- On a DP720 handset, using the display and navigation keys, select Menu, then Settings. Next, select Registration, then Register. Choose the base to register to, typically Base 1 and choose Subscribe.
- Wait while the handset attempts to pair to the base station. Make sure the wireless LED on the base station is still blinking during this process.
- The handset should then complete pairing.
- On a paired handset, choose Menu, then Settings and scroll to Status.
- Scroll down to the IP address setting and write down this IP address.
Reset Base Station to factory default
- Using a computer on the same local network, use a web browser to navigate to that IP address.
- On the login screen, enter the existing username and password for the base station.
- If this information is not available, please contact your solution administrator. If the password is lost or not recoverable, call the support number for assistance.
- To restore to factory defaults, click the Maintenance menu, then choose Factory Reset. Choose Full Factory Reset and then click Reset. The base station will reboot.
Configure the Grandstream base station.
- Navigate again in the web browser to the base station’s IP address.
- On the login screen, enter the default username and password, usually admin and admin respectively.
- Click Maintenance from the menu, then choose Provisioning.
- Choose HTTPS for the selection labeled “Provisioning via”.
- Enter “prov.anpi.com/grandstream” in the field labeled “Config Server Path”.
- In “Allow DHCP Option 43 and Option 66 to Override Server”, choose “No”.
- Click Save and Apply at the bottom of the screen.
- Then choose Reboot in the upper right of the screen.
Register and Activate handsets
- Pair each handset following the steps in 1 above. Repeat this for each handset.
- Press the Call Key on each handset. When prompted by the IVR system, enter the activation code (received via email when the service was ordered) on each handset.
- The base base station will reboot and then the handset will be ready for use.